[Freeipa-users] Migration from FreeIPA 3.0 to 4.x

Alexander Bokovoy abokovoy at redhat.com
Fri Mar 24 12:28:03 UTC 2017

On pe, 24 maalis 2017, Christophe TREFOIS wrote:
>I’m not expert but I think ipa-replica-prepare is depcrecated in 4.4 as
>the procedure become more simple.
No, it is not deprecated, that's not true. We have now a concept of
'domain level' which drives certain features. DL 0 uses traditional
method to deploy replicas, DL 1 uses a new one. If you are making new
replica in DL 0 environment, even with new FreeIPA version, you'd
continue using ipa-replica-prepare. For DL 1 environment you would be
using new method -- enroll an IPA client and then promote it to be a
replica.

--
/ Alexander Bokovoy