[Freeipa-users] FreeNAS Corral integration

Jochen Demmer jochen at winteltosh.de
Fri Mar 24 17:27:14 UTC 2017

Hi,

FreeNAS Corral is out and it supports FreeIPA. Isn't that great?
Has someone tried it?

My first attempt  brought the users visible but I wasn't able to give a
user admin Status for Corral. I wonder if and how I can set privileges
for a user if he may login via SSH/WebGUI.
Regarding the user's home Corral set it as <<username>>@<<domain>>. I
worked this around by symlinking to the actual home which just is
<<username>>.
Sad thing is e.g. that I give the users a specific shell in FreeIPA.
Some shells aren't supported though in Corral, for instance zsh. This
leads to not being able to login via ssh.

Are there any best practices or workarounds? Thanks for your time in
advance.

Jochen Demmer