[Freeipa-users] Directory Manager password is correct but IPA-replica-prepare command fails with Invalid Credentials

Shiela Spaleta shiela at securitycompass.com
Sat Mar 25 22:45:05 UTC 2017

Thanks for your quick reply.  What I mean is I am supplying the DM password
when prompted following ipa-replica-prepare.  I only mentioned the admin
user password change to prove that the DM password I have is correct/valid.
Otherwise I could not have run this command (and other ldapsearch commands)
successfully -> ldappasswd -D 'cn=directory manager' -W -S
uid=admin,cn=users,cn=accounts,dc=example,dc=com.  I just wanted to show
that I've tested the DM password by binding with it (ldapsearch or
ldappasswd), and it works, but using it with ipa-replica-prepare fails.
Sorry, I should have picked better examples to explain my problem more
clearly.

Sincerely,

*Shiela Spaleta*
*Senior System Administrator*