[Freeipa-users] ipa-replica-manage failing to delete a node

Jochen Hein jochen at jochen.org
Tue Mar 28 16:13:02 UTC 2017

"Linder, Rolf" <Rolf.Linder at united-security-providers.ch> writes:

> mainly our synchronization stopped with uspidm02 (replica) logging:
>
> "[27/Mar/2017:11:57:39.756880208 +0200] NSMMReplicationPlugin -
> agmt="cn=meTouspidm01.[domainname].[tld]" (uspidm01:389): Data
> required to update replica has been purged from the changelog. The
> replica must be reinitialized."
>
> We tried to re-initialize using "ipa-replica-manage re-initialize
> --from uspidm01.[domain].[tld]" but this failed. After this we headed
> for a "clean" first remove then add again solution (knowing that we
> will temporarily loss the replica and loss any unsynchronized
> changes).

I had these messages too, and also failed to get it running with
ipa-replicate-manage.  But later I realiazed that the failing replica
was a CA replica, and using ipa-careplica-manage I could reinitialize
the replica.

I found it also mildly confusing, which server was ok and which server
needed the replica reinitialized. Could we add a hint to the log what
the admin needs to do?  Something like:

,----
|  Data required to update replica has been purged from the
|  changelog. The replica <hostname> must be reinitialized.
|  Use "ipa-(ca)?replica-manage ... --from <hostname>" on "<host>".
`----

Jochen

--
This space is intentionally left blank.