[Freeipa-users] Extending FreeIPA with custom atribute (ipa-server-4.4.0)

Klíma David david.klima at vig.cz
Wed Mar 29 12:02:42 UTC 2017

Hi, can anybody help me with extending the FreeIPA Server? I have few custom attributes in DS schema. I would like to be able to change the new attributes added via the JSON API and thus via the CLI tool.

Today I updated from version ipa-server-4.2.0 to ipa-server-4.4.0 from standart RHEL repo and I see plugin directory is on another location /usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/ipaclient/plugins (old location was in version 4.2.0 /usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/ipalib/plugins/) and my old CLI extension stopped working with this error message:

ipa: ERROR: ImportError: No module named plugins

There is no documentation about that, or some examples. Can you anybody help me rewrite this simple code to working with new API version?

from ipalib.plugins import user
from ipalib.parameters import Int
from ipalib.parameters import Str
from ipalib import _

user.user.takes_params = user.user.takes_params + (
    Str('mailroutingaddress?',
    cli_name='mailroutingaddress',
    label=_('Mail routing address'),
    ),
)

[root at ipa-03 plugins]# rpm -qa | grep ipa-server
ipa-server-4.4.0-12.el7.x86_64
ipa-server-common-4.4.0-12.el7.noarch
ipa-server-dns-4.4.0-12.el7.noarch

https://serverfault.com/questions/809810/minimal-example-of-extending-already-existing-api-and-cli-call-in-freeipa-4