[Freeipa-users] 389-console and IPA

Mark Reynolds mareynol at redhat.com
Wed Mar 29 20:55:12 UTC 2017

On 03/29/2017 02:05 PM, Josh wrote:
> Hi Mark,
>
> Thanks for responding.
>
> Essentially I would like to change access log file size from 100Meg to
> 10Meg and change number of  log files down to 5 for example.
All you need to do is something like:

ldapmodify -p PORT -h HOST - D "cn=directory manager" -w PASSWORD
dn: cn=config
changetype: modify
replace: ATTR
ATTR: NEWVALUE

Example

ldapmodify -p 389 -h localhost - D "cn=directory manager" -w SECRET123
dn: cn=config
changetype: modify
replace: nsslapd-accesslog-maxlogsize
nsslapd-accesslog-maxlogsize: 10

Here are the attributes in question you are probably interested in:

nsslapd-accesslog-maxlogsize
nsslapd-accesslog-maxlogsperdir
nsslapd-errorlog-level

See this link for the log levels: