[Freeipa-users] Can't make replica with CA due to LDAP 'replication manager' user not found error

Standa Laznicka slaznick at redhat.com
Thu May 4 12:08:05 UTC 2017

On 05/04/2017 02:01 PM, Chris Dagdigian wrote:

> Florence Blanc-Renaud wrote:
>> the issue looks similar to ticket 6766 [1]
>> Flo.
>>
>> [1] https://pagure.io/freeipa/issue/6766
>

> Thanks Flo, I agree that this looks like the issue I"m hitting in v4.4
> much appreciated!
>
> I'm gonna be watching this closely, it's nerve wracking knowing that I
> can't use, update or create *any* replica servers at the moment ...
>
> -Chris

You can, but you probably won't be able to install a CA replica on them
(you have to leave out the --setup-ca option). In the meantime, you can
create replicas without CA replication and when the Dogtag/DS guys solve
the problem, you can run ipa-ca-install on those to setup CA replication
there as well.