[Freeipa-users] Web UI unavailable after 4.4 upgrade - 400 error

Pete Fuller pfuller at 3sitracking.com
Mon May 8 16:59:20 UTC 2017

I ran the 4.4 upgrade yesterday on a group of Centos7 servers that are IPA replicas for my North American datacenters.  All seem to have the same issue that I am now unable to connect to the web UI, with the following error in the browser…

Bad Request

Your browser sent a request that this server could not understand.
Additionally, a 400 Bad Request error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

The maddening thing is I can’t find any reference in the apache logs to what is generating the error and why a direct request to the UI would error.

As far as I can tell IPA is otherwise working.  Logins seem to work, sudo rules are working, DNS is working.

[root at lb3 httpd]# ipactl status
Directory Service: RUNNING
krb5kdc Service: RUNNING
kadmin Service: RUNNING
named Service: RUNNING
ipa_memcached Service: RUNNING
httpd Service: RUNNING
ipa-custodia Service: RUNNING
ntpd Service: RUNNING
pki-tomcatd Service: RUNNING
ipa-otpd Service: RUNNING
ipa-dnskeysyncd Service: RUNNING

I can see one file in the httpd/conf.d directory that was changed - nss.conf.  I attempted reverting and that did not work.

Has anyone run upon this error?

Thanks