[Freeipa-users] Windows client authentication with OTP not supported

Felix Chu felix.chu at bbpos.com
Thu May 11 07:06:31 UTC 2017

Hi , I would like to implement SSO for my Linux+Windows2012 machines with MFA.

I have installed FreeIPA, it works well  for my Linux client authentication with OTP enabled.  However, for Windows client, I can only make it works with FreeIPA without OTP.

The Windows machines are 2012 R2 without AD(workgroup only). When I login Windows using FreeIPA user accounts enabled with OTP, it shows "An unsupported preauthentication mechanism was presented to the Kerberos package", is that not supported ? or something I configured wrong?

I setup Windows authentication by referring this link:
https://www.freeipa.org/page/Windows_authentication_against_FreeIPA

Regards,
Felix

[http://www.bbpos.com/images/marketing/signature_banner.jpg]<http://bbpos.com>