[Freeipa-users] UI customization: Default values on host addition

Steve Huston huston at astro.princeton.edu
Tue May 16 15:21:32 UTC 2017

I've extended the UI for host addition by including a multivalued
widget which stores puppetVar values (as well as the accompanying
Python plugin to handle it and schema update in the directory).  This
works well, but I'd like to add one more thing and am not sure how to
do it.

There are certain variables which are basically always set for every
host, and so I'd like them to default to those values in the UI, while
still giving the admin the choice to edit or remove them just like
they were entered by hand.  I'm not sure, however, how to "push"
values into the UI that way.

Is there some attribute of a field I can edit to insert a default
value into the UI, while still allowing that to be removed or edited
before the user submits the page?

--
Steve Huston - W2SRH - Unix Sysadmin, PICSciE/CSES & Astrophysical Sci
  Princeton University  |    ICBM Address: 40.346344   -74.652242