[Freeipa-users] CentOS patch management on FreeIPA server

Lachlan Musicman datakid at gmail.com
Wed May 17 06:04:00 UTC 2017

On 17 May 2017 at 15:23, Lakshan Jayasekara <
Lakshan.Jayasekara at lankaclear.com> wrote:

> Hi All,
>

> I’m using FreeIPA server VERSION: 4.4.0, API_VERSION: 2.213 and running
on CentOS 7 and have one replica server as well. I need to patch up centos
system as per PCI DSS compliance. Let me know whether I can proceed as
usual or to follow any sequential steps to achieve the task.

Lakshanth,

You should always have appropriate backup and restore procedures that are
good for you.

Having said that, I regularly update our IPA server with patches (via
Katello/Foreman) without a problem.

I think I even "yum update"d from IPA 4.2 to 4.4 and it just worked.

cheers
L.

------
"Mission Statement: To provide hope and inspiration for collective action,
to build collective power, to achieve collective transformation, rooted in
grief and rage but pointed towards vision and dreams."

 - Patrice Cullors, Black Lives Matter founder