[Hwcert-announce-list] New version of Hardware Certification Test Suite released!

Will Woods wwoods at redhat.com
Fri Jan 20 18:54:49 UTC 2006

A new version of the Hardware Certification Test Suite (RHR2) has been
released to RHN for RHEL3 and RHEL4! This update fixes many bugs,
improves usability, simplifies installation, and improves our test
coverage and test framework. The major changes are listed below.

1) This errata is architecture-dependent (that is, the packages are no
longer 'noarch').

2) There are 4 new tests - CORE2, NETWORK2, MEMORY2, and STORAGE2. These
are the new, official versions of these tests, and the older ones are
considered deprecated. However, since we don't want to change our
standards mid-way through a release cycle, we will accept test results
from either one.

3) Some of the old tests have been improved - CDROM no longer requires
Red Hat ISO images or media, CORE and MEMORY2 no longer require a kernel
SRPM, and MEMORY no longer uses huge amounts of disk space.

3) There is a new test tool, named 'hwtest', and a new rhr2-server
package, which contains a 'hwtest-server' service for easy network
testing. For details on using hwtest, consult RELEASE-NOTES-2.0 in the
rhr2 package.

4) We are now using some open-source test tools (lmbench, ltp, and dt)
in our testing. By doing so we hope to improve the quality of our
testing.

5) The Hardware Certification documentation has been updated with new
information about these new tests and tools. Please read Section 3,
"Red Hat Enterprise Linux System Certification Process":
(https://hardware.redhat.com/hwcert/doc/s1-system-certprocess.html

Thanks!
--
Will Woods <wwoods at redhat.com> | QA/HWCert | Red Hat Inc., Raleigh NC
"Technically you would only need one time traveler convention."