[Hwcert-announce-list] Red Hat Hardware Certification on Itanium 2 (ia64) hardware to end June 5th, 2012

Engineering Partner Management eng-partner-management at redhat.com
Fri May 25 14:56:12 UTC 2012

Greetings Red Hat Partners,

June 5, 2012, marks the end of Itanium 2 certification efforts for Red
Hat Enterprise Linux. After that date, new hardware certification
results will no longer be accepted by Red Hat for systems based on the
Itanium 2 architecture. No Itanium 2 specific updates to the test suite,
fully virtualized image, Policy Guide, Hardware Catalog, or Hardware
Certification Program are planned after this date. Should you require
certification of an Itanium 2 system on Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5 after
this date, please contact your partner manager for assistance. Note that
this change in our certification policy will have no effect on Itanium 2
systems currently listed in the Red Hat Hardware Catalog.

We value your ongoing participation in the Red Hat Enterprise Linux
Hardware Certification efforts. Thank you for your continued
partnership. If you have any questions or comments, please do not
hesitate to contact your Partner Manager or Technical Account Manager.

Regards,

The Red Hat Hardware Certification Team.