[Hwcert-announce-list] End of Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5 Hardware Certification

Engineering Partner Management eng-partner-management at redhat.com
Fri Dec 12 19:07:37 UTC 2014

Greetings Red Hat Partners,

January 1, 2015, will mark the end of our hardware certification efforts
for Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5. After this date, Red Hat will no longer
accept hardware certification requests for systems or components with
Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5. In addition, no new Red Hat Enterprise Linux
5 specific updates to the test suite, fully virtualized image, Policy
Guide, Hardware Catalog, or Hardware Certification Program are planned
after this date. Should you require certification of a Red Hat
Enterprise Linux 5 system or component after January 1, 2015, please
contact your Red Hat Engineering Partner Manager for assistance. Note
that this change in our certification policy will have no effect on Red
Hat Enterprise Linux 5 systems currently listed in the Red Hat Hardware
Catalog.  These systems will remain certified and supported through the
end of the Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5 lifecycle as documented here:

https://access.redhat.com/support/policy/updates/errata

We value your ongoing participation in the Red Hat Enterprise Linux
Hardware Certification efforts and thank you for your continued
partnership. If you have any questions or comments, please do not
hesitate to contact your Engineering Partner Manager or Engineering
Account Manager.

Regards,

The Red Hat Hardware Certification Team