[Hwcert-announce-list] Red Hat Hardware Certification completing transition from Bugzilla to SSO login

Engineering Partner Management eng-partner-management at redhat.com
Fri Oct 7 21:39:47 UTC 2016

Greetings Red Hat Partners,

Late this Friday evening, US time, we will complete the process of
transitioning the login credentials used for hardware certification
activities from Red Hat Bugzilla accounts to Red Hat Customer Portal
single sign-on (SSO) logins. After the change is made, new requests,
in-progress requests, and closed requests will all be accessed by
logging to the certification website (https://hardware.redhat.com) or
the certification test suite with SSO credentials. Bugzilla logins
will no longer provide the access necessary for certification
activities. Directions for logging in to the certification site and
test suite using SSO can be found below.

Note: You can confirm that the new login method has gone live by
viewing the banner at the top of the hardware certification website
(https://hardware.redhat.com). The text there will clearly indicate
that SSO accounts are the only credentials accepted for logging in:

  Public access to Red Hat’s Certified Solutions catalog has moved to
the Red Hat Customer Portal.

  Partners should continue to use this site to certify their solutions
by logging in using their SSO credentials.

Please reach out to the organization administrator for your company to
have an SSO login created if you do not yet have one, and then ask
your Red Hat representative to enable that login for use with
certification. More information on this process can be found
immediately below in the section entitled "How do I obtain and enable
my SSO credentials for certification?".

How do I obtain and enable my SSO credentials for certification?
If you do not have one already, an SSO login can be obtained through a
Red Hat Customer Portal organization administrator for your company.
The SSO login creation process is detailed below in the section
entitled "How does an organization administrator add an SSO login?".
Please contact your engineering account manager, engineering partner
manager, or technical account manager for assistance if you do not
know your organization administrator. It is important that you use a
login associated with your company and not a personal one for security
reasons.

After obtaining an SSO login, contact your engineering account
manager, engineering partner manager, or technical account manager to
have it enabled for certification. You will need to request enablement
even if you did not need to request a new SSO login.

How do I log in to the certification site using SSO?
At the top of every page on the Red Hat website is a bar that
contains, among other things, a search icon, a login icon, and a
preferences icon. Go to the Red Hat Hardware Catalog at
https://hardware.redhat.com, click the login icon, and provide your
SSO credentials to log in.

How do I log in to the certification test suite using SSO?
The certification tool has a login link at the top right of the web
page. Provide your SSO credentials after clicking there to log in.

How does an organization administrator add an SSO login?
At the top of every page on the Red Hat website is a bar that
contains, among other things, a search icon, a login icon, and a
preferences icon. Go to the Red Hat Customer Portal at
https://access.redhat.com, click the login icon, and provide your SSO
credentials to log in. Once logged in, click your name where it
appears at the top of the page and select the "User Management" menu
item under the "Red Hat Account" heading. Click the "Add new user"
link on the next page when it loads. Fill out the requested
information for the new user when prompted. We recommend using an
email address as the login name as those are unique within your
company. Under the "Customer Portal Access Permissions" section, we
recommend checking at least the "Download Software and Updates" option
so that the person using the login can download Red Hat Enterprise
Linux and the test suite from the Portal. When all the fields are
filled in, click the "Save" button to create the new user.

Either you or the user for whom the login was created will then need
to contact contact the appropriate engineering account manager,
engineering partner manager, or technical account manager at Red Hat
to have the newly-created login enabled for certification.

How does an organization administrator deactivate or reactivate a login?
Logins should be deactivated whenever a person no longer needs to be
able to download software or submit certification requests on behalf
of your company. To begin, log in to the Red Hat Customer Portal and
click the "User Management" menu item as described in the previous
section. Find the username with the filter, if necessary, and check
the checkbox next to the name. Click the "Deactivate" button at the
bottom of the page to deactivate the user. Their login will be
deactivated immediately and appear on the "Inactive" tab of the User
Management page the next time you load the page. Should you wish to
reactivate a login, find it on the "Inactive" tab using the filter, if
necessary, and check the checkbox next to the name. Click the
"Activate" button to reactivate the user. The login will be
reactivated immediately and appear on the "Active" tab the next time
you load the User Management page.

How can multiple people work on the same certification request?
When we used Bugzilla for authentication, the easiest way for multiple
people to work on the same certification request was to use a shared
login. With support for group access controls, one of the benefits of
SSO authentication, all members of a company that have certification
permissions added to their SSO login will be able to access all of
their company's in-progress and closed certs. You will no longer need
a shared login to achieve this, though you may create and use a shared
SSO login if that is your preferred login method.

Will I need to register my systems with the Portal or be connected to
the Internet to perform certification after SSO support is enabled?
You will not need to register systems in order to perform
certification. In fact, we continue to recommend against registration
of the system under test (SUT) during certification activities. A
registered system could pull down the latest kernel, for example, when
you install, which will affect the certification listing status.

We are not adding an Internet connection requirement at this time. You
may continue to perform certification on systems that are disconnected
from the Internet and use a separate, connected system to upload test
results to the Hardware Catalog.

If you have any questions or comments about the change to SSO, please
contact your engineering account manager or engineering partner
manager for assistance.

- The Red Hat Certification Team