Doubts about wiki page ExistingRepositoryReplicationMethods

Kyle Kienapfel doctor.whom at gmail.com
Fri May 15 21:59:37 UTC 2009

Replying to this (just signed up for list, sorry it wont work properly)
https://www.redhat.com/archives/instantmirror-list/2009-April/msg00005.html
andreas, my perl is very rusty
> print $fh (time."\n") x 1000000;

am I correct in guessing that this prints the current time a million times?

I assumed that the con about a desync had to do with the index data
being updated before all the new files arrive.
It could also be a problem with how rsync handles files, if I'm
rsyncing BIGFILE is it named BIGFILE on disk while its arriving?

Ubuntu suggests a two stage rsync:
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/ubuntu-mirrors-announce/2006-August/000002.html