Stuck at NFS root boot in F9

Warren Togami wtogami at redhat.com
Sat Apr 12 19:58:45 UTC 2008

Switching to new root and running init.
unmounting old /dev
unmounting old /proc
unmounting old /sys

At this point during NFS root boot it gets stuck.

http://people.redhat.com/wtogami/temp/nfsrootboot.txt
Here is console redirected to serial and a SysRQ-T after it got stuck.

Should nash-hotplug still be running at this point?

init=/test.sh containing "exec /bin/bash -l -i" successfully drops me to
a shell, confirming that it did actually mount the filesystem and run
init.  In this shell I see a process running "/bin/nash /init auto".
Should I still be seeing this after switchroot?

This problem utterly breaks LTSP so I really hope we can figure out what
is going on before F9.

I am uncertain when this problem began.  Prior to April 5th I was
running Fedora 8 on my LTSP development laptop.  Both F-8 and F-9
chroots were PXE and NFS root booting from the F-8 host to thin clients
and virtual machines just fine.  Now with F-9 host, F-8 chroots continue
to boot fine, but I see this F-9 problem.

Any ideas what could possibly be going on?  I am not even sure what
component to file against.  I tried F-9 kernel/mkinitrd/upstream going
back until mid-March in the F-9 chroot and it doesn't seem to change
this behavior.

Warren Togami
wtogami at redhat.com