Enabling tftp

Warren Togami wtogami at redhat.com
Wed Apr 16 00:59:45 UTC 2008

>     List:    K12Linux-devel-list at redhat.com
>     From:    burke at thealmquists.net
>     Subject: Enabling tftp
>     Reason:  Post by non-member to a members-only list

Could you please subscribe to the list?  This list allows only
subscribed user posts.

> Just a couple simple things that I found by installing the FC9 beta
> (x86_64) and following the instructions on the wiki.
> - -Had to manually enable tftpd.

This is already in the documentation.

> - -Had to use --arch i386 when doing the ltsp-build-client since I was
> using the x86_64. It says that lower on the page but really should be in
> the part about ltsp-build-client and --release option. (people that want
> to test ppc later etc may need this here too, if that's even working yet)

Only i386 chroot install is implemented.  It should already be default
if you run ltsp-build-client on a i386 or x86_64 box.  It has been this
way in Fedora for months now.  This hasn't been the case for you?

> - -Before doing the bridge thing you have to set the ethX nic to manual
> and leave out network assignments, if you had previously assigned values
> you had to clear them first to get the bridge working (or at least I
> did, I originally input the old 192.168 manual address that k12ltsp used).
>
> Just some stuff to add to the documentation.

https://admin.fedoraproject.org/accounts/
Good point.  Are you interested in helping to improve our documentation?
    If so please create an account here then e-mail me privately so I
can enable your account for Wiki edit access.

Warren Togami
wtogami at redhat.com