kiwi's version of ltsp-server-initialize

Peter Scheie peter at scheie.homedns.org
Fri Apr 18 14:39:56 UTC 2008

I don't think it works at all, as I don't think it's been updated for LTSP 5 as
currently implemented it on F8/F9.  The first thing I know of that's broken is
the networking wrt the clients.  LTSP5 on Fedora uses a bridged network for the
clients so as to isolate them logically from the rest of the system.  This
avoids, say, someone inadvertently (and unknowingly) exposing the DHCP server
onto their main network.  But ltsp-server-initialize, which Eric originally
wrote for K12LTSP, is hardcoded to use ethX interfaces.  I'm sure it's full of
other less-abstracted stuff like that, but that's as far as I've gotten, due to
lack of time.