fl_teachertool update

Robert Arkiletian robark at gmail.com
Mon Aug 11 02:45:05 UTC 2008

On Sat, Aug 9, 2008 at 9:37 PM, Warren Togami <wtogami at redhat.com> wrote:
> Would you like me to train you how to do RPM packaging, so you can maintain
> fl_teachertool directly in Fedora?  It is a bit too much to expect users to
> download source, add changes, add dependencies and build.

My instructions were intended for a technical audience, like this
list. Mainly so the k12linux developers could take it for a spin. I
know most regular ltsp users won't go through so many steps to install
it.

As for maintaining fl-tt.
fl-tt requires other packages which are not yum installable.

vncsnapshot
tightvnc
x11vnc in the chroot

note: vncreflector is avail with yum in fc9 already

So it means maintaining those also. I was hoping someone else could
manage all this for the time being as I am not currently able to do
so. However, my hope is that fl-tt will be yum installable in
fc9,10,... as it was in k12ltsp.

I am attaching a patch to make fl-tt 0.60 work with fc9

patch fl_teachertool.cxx < fl-tt-ltsp5.patch1

--
Robert Arkiletian