Fedora 9 Live LTSP Server, Beta 1

Peter Scheie peter at scheie.homedns.org
Thu Aug 21 13:24:58 UTC 2008

Warren Togami wrote:
> Healy, Patrick wrote:
>> On Mon, 18 Aug 2008 Warren Togami wrote:
> Thanks.  Petre is working on a revamped HTML version of the README with
> screenshots for Beta 2.  Petre, could you post those at a URL when you
> have a draft so folks here can peer review it?

Yes, I will.  BTW, while the README.html will reside in /home/fedora, any
opinions on where I should put the screenshot files?  /home/fedora/images/
perhaps?  Or /home/admin/README could be a directory containing the README.html
and the images, and the icon on the Desktop could just be a symlink to the html
file.

>> I thought that the network changes I performed would persist on
>> install to hard drive, but they needed to be redone.
>
> Yeah, this is a limitation of Fedora Live's design in general.  People
> have to realize that using the Live runtime is ONLY A DEMO or to
> install, but not a mix of the two.

On my USB stick, the network changes DID persist, even though I did not want
them to. ;-)  I wanted to run through the whole network config process again to
get screenshots.  Wiping out the overlay file only removed all the desktop
icons, it did not reset the networking.  OTOH, it's easy enough to just
re-install the ISO onto the stick.

Peter