Release: ltsp-5.1.21 for Fedora 9

Nadav Kavalerchik nadavkav at gmail.com
Mon Aug 25 18:01:06 UTC 2008

On Mon, Aug 25, 2008 at 8:47 PM, Warren Togami <wtogami at redhat.com> wrote:

> Nadav Kavalerchik wrote:
>
>> that is great news :-)
>>
>> i used NBD swap for long time now (with ltsp 4.2) what are the benifits of
>> useing NFS with latest LTSP 5.1.21 ?
>>

> This question does not make sense.

"switch your clients from NFS root to NBD root. "
maybe i was not clear, but i ment: why should i want to use NFS root in the
first place ?

>> before you make a new LIve Images...
>> 1. you recommended 900MB for persistent storage and the cd-creator can
>> only create as much as 256. (https://fedorahosted.org/liveusb-creator)
>>

> You do not have enough free space on your USB device for the persistent
> overlay.  You are better off without an overlay.

i have 8GB and i used to have persistent overlay when i created other live
usb using other distros. so i guess it is something with the cd-creator or
the image ?

>  2. booting the live USB did not find persistent storage and did not save
>> my changes.
>>

> This means you don't have overlay.  Live USB is only useful for a quick
> demo or testing or installing to your hard drive.

it should nice/useful enought to save some data even for a demo usb

>  3. all the command line tools you used in the README files are not in the
>> PATH of the live image and for some one that is not familiar with their
>> locations it would (probably) be deficult to find. (although
>> 'whereis'/'which' works)
>>

> What tools are you talking about?  I have no idea what you are talking
> about.  They should all be in the path.

ifconfig & ifup & ifdown & brctl

after booting the usb image, the /sbin;/user/sbin was not in the PATH