SAMBA does not work

Nadav Kavalerchik nadavkav at gmail.com
Mon Aug 25 20:45:52 UTC 2008

i used to have a 10/100 nic (internet) 192.168.1.xxx / 255.255.255.0  and a
1Gb nic (for the terminals) 192.168.10.x / 255.255.255.0

now, i removed the static ip from the 1Gb nic and attached it to the ltspbr0
the ltsp works fine with that configuration (as you suggested in the install
instructions)

but no samba.

i put the ip back in the cfg-eth1 file and samba still does not work
though, ltsp works fine. even now with the static ip on eth1, funny.
( i took it off, just in case)

should i suppose to instruct samba to use the 171.30.100.x ip address subnet
?
(some how) i did no such thing with the old setup. it just worked.

i hope i am not getting to much off-topic here :-)

thank you for your help !