HTML version of README for Live USB

Peter Scheie peter at scheie.homedns.org
Sat Aug 30 00:07:37 UTC 2008

Warren Togami wrote:
> Peter Scheie wrote:
>> Agreed about the striping.  I actually wanted 16-bit color, but
>> KolourPaint doesn't offer that.  I also reduced the size of several of
>> the images, instead of just specifying their size in the HTML, which
>> helped a bit, too. Surprisingly, I think the shots of the full desktop
>> came out looking best, despite their arguable greater complexity
>> color-wise.  I'll twiddle with them some more this weekend.  Does
>> anyone know of a command-line utility for reducing an image from
>> 24-bit to 16-bit color?
>
> Why do you need a command line utility?
>
> The GIMP should theoretically be able to do all this?

Because I'm a command line kinda person at heart. ;-)  I was just thinking I
could do a 'for' loop in the directory with all the image files to reduce them
to 16-bit color.  Yes, one can script things with the Gimp, but I've never done
it, but I have done some looping things with ffmpeg for some videos, and was
just looking for something similar.

Peter