No response from server, restarting

Barry R Cisna brcisna at eazylivin.net
Sun Dec 7 14:46:07 UTC 2008

Hi Robert,

What about the ssh key pairs? Would they need to be regenerated once the
client root has been deleted?  I would think that once you do the new
install of the client root these are processed/generated?I'm guessing
the message log shows nothing obvious? Also maybe try dropping to a bash
prompt on the TC and try a login,and see what the error shows (if any).
One other thing, ' tail -f /var/log/messages '
,,, while doing the login and see if any errors spits out.
Also shut off both IPv6 ,IPv4 firewalls to start at boot, then reboot
your server with both these disabled. I have seen weird stuff in the
past were the firewall may block a port (service iptables stop) until
rebooted server. Don't know why that is.Try your TC after a server
reboot this way.
A few things to try anyway, I'm sure you've probably already tried.

Take Care,
Barry Cisna