Help Needed: jetpipe testing

Peter Scheie peter at scheie.homedns.org
Sun Dec 7 19:40:51 UTC 2008

Jetpipe is a daemon that runs on the client to allow a printer to be attached to
the client machine such that the printer appears on the network like a jetdirect
printer.  IOW, it's a print server daemon that runs on the client, sharing any
printers attached to the client.

William had reported an issue with jetpipe not working.  However, I think that
was a special case: the base OS had been upgraded a few times, instead of it
being a clean install.  Not to say upgrading can't be done, but one sometimes
gets some odd side-effects such as this.  In my own testing with jetpipe on a
clean install, the only issue was pyserial was not installed by default. After
adding that via yum, it worked like a champ.  I tried it with multiple printers,
parallel & USB and had no issues.

Peter