Help Needed: jetpipe testing

Barry R Cisna brcisna at eazylivin.net
Sun Dec 7 20:51:41 UTC 2008

Hi Peter,

Thanks for the feedback. That's what I was missing, the jetpipe daemon
actually runs 'inside' of the client, versus cups , hplip running server
side. Sounds like a neat package for clients with some extra ram. I can
see this cutting down on a little legwork for the admin of the network a
bit.
BTW:Sidenote: I posted at k12osn just a while back in regards to the
hplip package really coming around. It really sets up nicely now (if)
you have either jetdirect or usb attached hp printer to clients as well.
Brings all of your HP printers on your network, into ONE intuitive
interface. Works very nicely out of the box with the extended features
(card readers ,scanner, etc) on hp printers as well. Has saved me a lot
of legwork by not having to go driving to a remote building to see a
front panel error code:)

Take Care,
Barry Cisna