local apps how-to

Robert Arkiletian robark at gmail.com
Mon Dec 8 17:42:56 UTC 2008

On Mon, Dec 8, 2008 at 2:31 AM, Odin Nøsen <odin at gnuskole.no> wrote:
>> and sound) work out of the box with F9 as a local app. This is really
>> good news. We can have an entire class watching a youtube with pretty
>
> Which box? :-) The ordinary Fedora9 with LTSP-server installed or the K12linux LiveCD?
>
> I just installed F9 with ltsp-server and there is no automatic installed Firefox w/flash
> (and sound).

Sorry, what I meant by "out of the box" is that you just need to add
the packages. No configuration files or env variables need editing. As
Warren mentioned before I just added the adobe release rpm and used
yum to install flash from within the chroot.

I am currently trying to get Virtualbox to work as a local app, but no
luck yet. The client can't seem to load the Virtualbox kernel module.
If anyone manages this please post to list. Once this is accomplished
we can teach Linux System administration using Virtualbox running
locally. :)