Testing Needed: ltsp-5.1.37 and ldm-2.0.22

John Ellson john.ellson at comcast.net
Sat Dec 13 22:38:40 UTC 2008

I'd like to test, but ltsp-build-client is ending with:

==============
ERROR:dbus.proxies:Introspect error on
:1.0:/org/freedesktop/Hal/Manager: dbus.exceptions.DBusException:
org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.AccessDenied: A security policy in place
prevents this sender from sending this message to this recipient, see
message bus configuration file (rejected message had interface
"org.freedesktop.DBus.Introspectable" member "Introspect" error name
"(unset)" destination ":1.0")
sh: /usr/sbin/setenforce: No such file or directory
Cleaning up chroot /opt/ltsp/i386
Updating /var/lib/tftpboot directories for chroot: /opt/ltsp/i386
info: LTSP client installation completed successfully
==============

This is on a fully updated fc10, x86_64 ltsp server, trying to support
i386 clients.

Is this from the general dbus disaster, or would you like separate bug
reports?

John

Warren Togami wrote:
> http://kojipkgs.fedoraproject.org/packages/ltsp/
> http://kojipkgs.fedoraproject.org/packages/ldm/
> http://kojipkgs.fedoraproject.org/packages/ltspfs/
>
> Please test the latest versions of these packages.  It should maintain
> all previous features for existing users, but it adds a few exciting
> new features and capabilities like:
>
> * It is now possible to set a non-GNOME default desktop session for
> all new users.  lts.conf now contains
> LDM_GLOBAL_DMRC=/etc/ltsp/ldm-global-dmrc, or you must add it manually
> if you have upgraded from a previous version.  You can edit that file
> to specify a particular non-GNOME desktop session or language.  A few
> examples are included commented out.
>
> * If the user selects a desktop session or language, it now asks if
> they want to save that choice for future logins.  It is saved to
> ~/.dmrc in the user's home directory.  Delete that file if you want
> the user to fall back to the LDM_GLOBAL_DMRC defaults.
>
> * All of the X_* lts.conf options should now be supported now,
> although this functionality is less proven at the moment.
>
> Please report back if you have tried these updated packages.  I want
> to hear a few "IT WORKS" reports on both F-9 and F-10 before pushing
> to updates.
>
> NOTE:
> ldm installs into client
> ltsp-client installs into client