Testing Needed: ltsp-5.1.37 and ldm-2.0.22

Warren Togami wtogami at redhat.com
Sun Dec 14 00:47:23 UTC 2008

John Ellson wrote:
> I'd like to test, but ltsp-build-client is ending with:
>
> ==============
> ERROR:dbus.proxies:Introspect error on
> :1.0:/org/freedesktop/Hal/Manager: dbus.exceptions.DBusException:
> org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.AccessDenied: A security policy in place
> prevents this sender from sending this message to this recipient, see
> message bus configuration file (rejected message had interface
> "org.freedesktop.DBus.Introspectable" member "Introspect" error name
> "(unset)" destination ":1.0")
> sh: /usr/sbin/setenforce: No such file or directory
> Cleaning up chroot /opt/ltsp/i386
> Updating /var/lib/tftpboot directories for chroot: /opt/ltsp/i386
> info: LTSP client installation completed successfully
> ==============
>
> This is on a fully updated fc10, x86_64 ltsp server, trying to support
> i386 clients.
>
> Is this from the general dbus disaster, or would you like separate bug
> reports?
>
> John

General dbus disaster... breaks stuff both in the client chroot and
server.  dbus is getting reverted to the original 1.2.4 version with
incremented epoch.

http://kojipkgs.fedoraproject.org/packages/dbus/1.2.4/2.fc9/
http://kojipkgs.fedoraproject.org/packages/dbus/1.2.4/2.fc10/
I've added it to the k12linux-temporary repos so ltsp-build-client wont
have dbus errors.  For the moment you will need to manually upgrade the
dbus packages on your already existing client chroot or server with
packages from here.

Warren Togami
wtogami at redhat.com