help me...! customizing the grub

John Ellson ellson at research.att.com
Thu Dec 18 14:56:20 UTC 2008

Magesh,

This is your project, and perhaps you have other reasons for basing this
on grub, but it seems strange to me:
    - using grub requires a hard disk, but LTSP has worked really hard
to get rid of that.
    - as Warren pointed out, LTSP doesn't use grub now.

I'm not really an LTSP expert, so other people might have better ideas,
but if your goal is to allow the user
to select from multiple operating systems on an LTSP client, couldn't you:
    - have dhcp provide a simple console boot-image-selector in the
initial tftp transfer.
    - have the boot-image-selector initiate a second tftp transfer, from
a location based on the user's selection.
Perhaps this boot-image-selector coud be adapted from gfxboot?

Just trying to help...

John