Respin of K12Linux-F9: SELinux prevents rpcbind from starting

Warren Togami wtogami at redhat.com
Mon Dec 22 11:25:16 UTC 2008

Andrew Osborne wrote:
> Is it posible to have a second Bridge to say eth2?
>
> as i wanted to reduce the bottle neck on the servers network card by
> using a second card for the K12Linux network.

If eth2 is plugged into a separate physical network, then you could
simply add it to the ltspbr0 bridge and it will just work like the other
interface attached to the eth1 bridge.

If it is on the same physical network as the other interface, then this
wouldn't work.   I have seen similar things cause a nasty network
feedback loop crippling the switch until it was unplugged, but I am
unsure if that would happen in this case.

If it is on the same physical network (different gigabit port?) then you
would need to assign it its own IP address unique from the bridge and do
load balancing so clients use one or the other.  ltsp upstream has some
ltsp-cluster code that we have not yet enabled in Fedora's builds.  I
wont have time to try this yet until I get back from vacation mid-January.

Warren Togami
wtogami at redhat.com