Keyboard Layout settings from lts.conf

Warren Togami wtogami at redhat.com
Wed Jul 2 03:01:57 UTC 2008

https://admin.fedoraproject.org/updates/F9/pending/ldm-2.0.7-1.fc9
http://kojipkgs.fedoraproject.org/packages/ldm/2.0.7/1.fc9/

This update to ldm-2.0.7 makes it possible to set the XKB* keyboard
layout options as specified in lts.conf.

Prior to this Fedora had no way of setting the keyboard layout because
we do not use configure-x.sh which uses ugly hacks to write an xorg.conf
based on lts.conf options.

ldm-2.0.7 also adds translations for Portuguese (pt) and Greek (el).

NOTE: Non-default screen.d sessions like xdmcp will not set the keyboard
layout from this fix. I intend on fixing that in a different way in
ltsp-client later.

Upgrade Note:
Be sure to upgrade this package inside your LTSP client chroot which is
likely in /opt/ltsp/i386. ldm is useless on the server.

Warren Togami
wtogami at redhat.com