LDM_DIRECTX=yes by default?

Warren Togami wtogami at redhat.com
Mon Jul 7 02:58:25 UTC 2008

roger depreeuw wrote:
> I do have 2 other issues that puzzle me.
> What happened to NBDSWAPD. Did i miss something along the line?
> And also, i need lts.conf in both places if i want a shell on one screen
> and ldm on another. I need the default setting and client specific
> setting in the tftpboot download area and a deault only seeting in
> chroot /optltsp/i386/etc. Is this correct?

If lts.conf is successfully grabbed from the server, then it replaces
whatever lts.conf is in /opt/ltsp/i386.  So you only need to change
lts.conf in one location, the tftpboot directory.

NBD swap should be enabled by default in Fedora 9 LTSP.  It should be
giving you 256MB swap by default.  If you aren't seeing it then there
might be a bug.

Also the default lts.conf runs a shell on VT2 through VT6 with X on VT7.
  This remains because it is helpful to me in debugging/testing and it
doesn't really harm anything.  I will likely remove the VT2 through VT6
from the default configuration before Fedora 10.

Warren Togami
wtogami at redhat.com