RHEL5 and fuse

Warren Togami wtogami at redhat.com
Mon Jul 7 19:50:49 UTC 2008

So I got LTSP5 working on a RHEL5 server (with the F9 client chroot),
except for ltspfs for local device support.

RHEL5 doesn't have fuse kernel modules and userspace, and this is
something that cannot be added to EPEL because external kernel modules
are not allowed there.

I think I will make RHEL5 LTSP without local device support, but it
should work if people install a few unofficial packages that we could
provide from our site.

http://dag.wieers.com/rpm/packages/dkms-fuse/
This package plus some fuse userspace and ltspfs should be enough.

Given that we cannot make LTSP5 on RHEL5 work without Fedora bits, it is
already unsupported.  Adding these more unsupported packages to the host
shouldn't create much more difficulty.

Thoughts?  I think I'll just do it soon and put it online for people to
test.

Warren Togami
wtogami at redhat.com