RHEL5 and fuse

Darryl Bond dbond at nrggos.com.au
Mon Jul 7 21:34:25 UTC 2008

What is the RedHat's policy for adding  additional kernel modules? It
isn't verboten as I have seen some drivers added to RHEL4.

Centos has the Centos Plus repository that has extra useful kernel
modules like jfs. Pity RH don't have likewise.
Still, RHEL targets Enterprise servers. The stuff LTSP needs is pretty
squarely in the desktop end. I know that RH purport to support
enterprise desktops but while the equivalent of Fedora Extras doesn't
exist then I don't think they are really trying.

Darryl