LTSP 5

Warren Togami wtogami at redhat.com
Wed Jun 4 20:35:42 UTC 2008

Andrae Findlator wrote:

> How do I limit the client's screen resolution to 1024x768? Right now it
> seems to take the maximum resolution of the monitor.

This is a current limitation of the way Fedora 9 configures X.  We have
no way of saying "Use X autoconfiguration except for the resolution."

Your options are either:
1) Use xrandr after X started to change the resolution.
2) Drop an xorg.conf into your chroot at /etc/X11/xorg.conf.  This
however only works if all your clients have the same video card and
desired resolution.

I'm working on a long term solution to this problem.

> Also
>
> [00:E0:4C:AC:00:26]
>     PRINTER_0_DEVICE=/dev/usblp0
>
> The lts.conf options above should enable local printing on port 9100. Is
> there something else that needs to be done to enable local printing?

Nice catch... it seems that we are not installing the jetpipe script
into the client chroot.  I'm fixing this for the next package version.

Until then you could drop the script into /opt/ltsp/i386/usr/sbin and
see if it works?

Warren Togami
wtogami at redhat.com