Building LTSP on x86_64

Warren Togami wtogami at redhat.com
Wed Mar 19 02:38:18 UTC 2008

Darryl Bond wrote:
> I want to build the RPMS for the chroot and I am building x86_64 when I
> use /mkdst --testrpm.

Note there is a newer version of mkdst with incompatible options.  It
also requires you to update your clone of the ltsp-trunk repository.
Use "bzr pull" in the directory to pull the latest changes.  You might
have to use "bzr pull --remember URL" to have it remember the upstream
repo location.

Here's the recommended way to manage your source tree:
ltsp-trunk: Always keep this tree identical to upstream.  Use bzr pull
here and DO NOT EDIT anything here.

ltsp-yourname: Make a copy of ltsp-trunk here.  Edit things here.  bzr
checkin your changes here.  bzr pull ../ltsp-trunk to sync upstream
changes into your repository.  Then bzr push your ltsp-yourname tree to
some sftp location so others can easily pull from you.

> I noticed the comment
> 'If you are doing this on a x86_64 host you will likely want to throw
> the .src.rpm into mock to build a i386 version if you want to upgrade
> the package in the chroot.'
>
> I have never done this before? Can you point me towards how to 'throw
> the .src.rpm into mock'.
>
> I read the man page. Do I need to do a mock --init. Does this build a
> i386 environment?
>
> Darryl

I personally use:
sudo mock -r fedora-8-i386 package.src.rpm

It puts the results (logs, RPMS, etc.) in /var/lib/mock/fedora-8-i386/result

Warren Togami
wtogami at redhat.com