Install notes for LTSP5 on f8

Warren Togami wtogami at redhat.com
Wed Mar 19 04:16:41 UTC 2008

Dan Young wrote:
> Here's my breif brain dump from an install of LTSP5 on F8 using Warren's notes:
> http://wtogami.livejournal.com/23648.html
>
> A couple observations:
> ltsp-server should Requires: bridge-utils

Good catch.  This will be in the next build.

> should "chkconfig tftp on"

Can't do this from the package %post.  It must be done either manually
by the sysadmin or enabled via ltsp-server-initialize which is currently
broken.

http://wtogami.livejournal.com/24147.html
Saw my list of relatively easy things to work on?
ltsp-server-initialize is one of them.

> Worked OK from a real client at my customer's site, though I don't yet
> know how to define Session types w/ LDM.

Defining session types with LDM works exactly like GDM or KDM.  You
define them in .desktop files in /usr/share/xsessions/

Warren Togami
wtogami at redhat.com