Setting up with two NICS

Warren Togami wtogami at redhat.com
Wed May 21 23:30:33 UTC 2008

Almquist Burke wrote:

> Take a look at this.
> If any of it looks confusing, let me know.
>
> https://fedorahosted.org/k12linux/wiki/NetworkSetup

Hi Almquist, thanks for working on the documentation.

Have you tried NM_CONTROLLED=no in the ifcfg-ethX file?  It hasn't been
behaving entirely correctly so it might not be usable for LTSP with a
hybrid NetworkManager and service network configuration.

We might be best off just advising all permanent LTSP server users to
turn NetworkManager off completely in order to reduce confusion.  Move
all the NetworkManager related stuff into an "AdvancedNetworkSetup" page.

Warren Togami
wtogami at redhat.com