very slow login times

rmcdaniel at indata.us rmcdaniel at indata.us
Wed Nov 5 21:19:38 UTC 2008

This is interesting.  I am using a HP Proliant server with Dual Quad
Core cpu's, 4 GB memory, and about 210GB of storage.  I am also seeing
very slow bootup and login times.  I am suspecting that it has something
to do with my network.  When I run the resource monitor on the server,
nothing looks like it is getting close to maxing out.  I am running the
32 bit version of the OS and my clients are HP T5530 with 128 MB of mem.
 Tomorrow I am going to look at my network and see if I have any
problems.

Ron McDaniel
rmcdaniel at indata.us