Login in LDM keeps getting slower and slower

Odin Nøsen odin at gnuskole.no
Thu Oct 2 06:21:32 UTC 2008

On Wed, 1 Oct 2008 17:37:24 +0200, Odin Nøsen wrote
> We've seen some strange behavior this all of out LDM-clients. For each login
> you do on a client it takes longer and longer time before you'll get logged
> into the gnome-session. There is no load on the server or the client - it

I found it. It is the "S01-localapps"-script in (/opt/ltsp/i386)/usr/share/ldm/rc.d. The
script is running even if I say "LOCAL_APPS = false" in lts.conf, and something in this
script is making a big delay. It may have something to do with the fact that we are
using NIS, but I have not tested it yet.

regards,
Odin