diskless vs ltsp local apps

Robert Arkiletian robark at gmail.com
Tue Oct 7 04:51:48 UTC 2008

Currently, diskless solutions like DRBL involve exporting /home over
nfs. But nfs is insecure.

I have read local app support is working in Fedora 9/ltsp 5. I'm
assuming some type of authentication must occur to run an app locally.
How is this done?

I'd like to try out ltsp local apps and compare it with the diskless
model (100% local apps). My main concern is the browser + flash
video/sound experience. I really want to see if firefox can run well
as a local app with video and sound working well. Can someone point me
to a link that shows how to setup local apps with Fedora 9/ltsp 5 ?

--
Robert Arkiletian