flash on 64bit F9 with 32bit clients not working

Warren Togami wtogami at redhat.com
Sat Oct 11 03:53:13 UTC 2008

Luis Montes wrote:
> Tried two more cobminations:
>
> Flash 10 without libflashsupport
>
> And Flash 9 with libflashsupport
>

> Still nothing. When I go to youtube, it's telling me that I have
> javascript turned off or an old version of flash player.
>
> Youtube I can deal without, but the kids need flash for some of their
> testing software.
>
> Luis

http://macromedia.mplug.org/
BTW, be sure to use all suggestions on this page if you are using Flash 10.

You are likely missing nsplugnwrapper.i386.  It should work after you
install it.

Be warned however about the extreme bandwidth problem of running Flash
videos (like Youtube) over the network.  320x240x30fps video can use
like 70mbps bandwidth.  That does not scale at all and can cause
problems unfortunately.

This is one of the key reasons why people wanted local apps, although
you need more powerful clients with lots of RAM to do local apps.  I
suspect 1GB is the point where a client becomes safe to use with local
apps.  512MB is sketchy.

Warren