very slow login times

Luis Montes monteslu at cox.net
Fri Oct 24 16:47:18 UTC 2008

Boot up seems normal, but time from login to having gnome up is about 4
and a half minutes.

If I jump over to another tty on the terminal it looks like sh is eating
up most of the cpu and ram for that duration, though the resources
aren't completely tapped.

The thin clients are disklessworkstations.com t150s. (32bit 500Mhz via,
128MB ram). Top shows that during the login period I'm using about 80MB
of ram.

The server is Fedora 9 64bit.

Nothing particularly interesting either /var/log/messages on the server
or the client that I can tell, but I'm not sure what to look for.

Any idea which script this is that could be taking up all the cpu time?

Thanks,

Luis