local apps how-to

Odin Nøsen odin at gnuskole.no
Tue Oct 28 22:25:21 UTC 2008

> > I'm working purly on Fedora 10 with LTSP. Flash 10 is working well on the LTSP-clients,
> > both thin and localapp, but there is no sound in the localapp flash.
>
> I just had an idea.  Try installing alsa-plugins-pulseaudio into your
> /opt/ltsp/i386 chroot.  Does that help?  It directs ALSA output to
> pulseaudio.

Unfortunately, no. Strangely, the volum on the thin client (both in normal system sounds
and in flash) is much lower with the alsa-plugins-pulseaudio installed into
/opt/ltsp/i386 - so there must be a connection here.

I discovered a strange thing. YouTube works fine with flash 10 and the thin client, but
not as localapps. "Normal" flash games works fine as thin client and localapps (but with
no sound).

Odin