HTML Readme for K12Linux Live F9 Beta 2 draft 3

Peter Scheie peter at scheie.homedns.org
Fri Sep 5 00:49:31 UTC 2008

At William Fragakis's suggestion, I converted the REAMDE png files to jpg (using
the commandline ImageMagick in a for-loop -- fast & easy!  To my surprise, the
files came out at about 33% of their original size and looking quite good.  Not
as small at the 8-bit png files, but nearly so, and not so distorted looking.
Have a look at draft3-jpg at http://petre.homedns.org/f9-ltsp/.

BTW, in step 15, running the ifdown command produced the error "device eth0 is
not a slave of ltspbr0" for me; can this be ignored?  I did, and it didn't seem
to cause any problems.  I put a sentence in the README to that effect just so it
doesn't freak people out.  But it would be good if someone could verify that it
is inconsequential.

Peter