Keyboard stops working after updating the ldm-client

Odin Nøsen odin at gnuskole.no
Mon Sep 22 19:29:15 UTC 2008

> I *think* installing this package into the chroot will fix it:
>      xorg-x11-drv-evdev

Nope :-) The yum update installs:
 xorg-x11-drv-evdev        i386    2.0.4-1.fc9        updates-newkey       15 k
 xorg-x11-server-Xorg      i386    1.5.0-1.fc9        updates-newkey      1.5 M
 xorg-x11-server-common    i386    1.5.0-1.fc9        updates-newkey       70 k

> The fixed xorg-x11-server packages are in the update queue. You can
> fetch them here:
>     http://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/buildinfo?buildID=63479

Thnx!

At our school we made a try at Ubuntu 8.04 this summer and everything when really bad
when all the pupils began at school in August (680 pupils with 350 clients on 9 terminal
servers :-). Clearly Ubuntu wasn't made for a massive multiuser environment. Dead PIDs
everywhere (gnome-watchdog helped) and it seems that Ubuntu doesn't like to talk NFS
with CentOS 5. We have had some strange file locking problems that weren't there when we
rolled every TS over to Fedora9.

We're never going to leave the safe haven of Fedora/RedHat/CentOS again ;-) We've had a
good and stable year with K12LTSP 5EL, so the Ubuntu-start this autumn was a shock.

Kudos to you, Eric Harrison, for all the good work on K12LTSP! We're going to follow the
K12Linux-prosject... and we're looking forward to "LOCAL_APPS = true".

Odin