fat client k12linux access

William Fragakis william at fragakis.com
Sat Dec 5 18:36:35 UTC 2009

This gave me fits for the longest time and I ended up coming in from a
different direction from Peter, although using dnsmasq would have been
easier.

Every I read to use
 iptables -t nat -A POSTROUTING -j MASQUERADE
but nothing but frustration.

Somewhere, I stumbled upon this version:
iptables -t nat -A POSTROUTING -o eth0 -j MASQUERADE --source
192.168.0.0/24

note the -- source, etc at the end. Obviously, adapt the 192.etc to your
particular network layout.

I edited the appropriate line in the old k12ltsp nat service and that
solved it for me after weeks of banging my head against the wall. All
the same, I'll give Peter's method a shot.

Regards,
William