what are you using for TC's

Robert Arkiletian robark at gmail.com
Tue Dec 8 03:36:53 UTC 2009

On Mon, Dec 7, 2009 at 11:36 AM, William Fragakis <william at fragakis.com> wrote:
> Barry,
> A  couple of things -
> 1- Intel's Atom is a game changer for TCs. I was able to get a handful
> of MSI Wind barebones open box from Newegg for under $100. I only needed
> to add a stick of memory. As the essential hardware is the core of much

A regular mATX system from newegg

$40  2.7Ghz AMD Sempron
$50  Gigabyte MB (Gb nic + pxe)
$50  Case+PSU+Keyboard+mouse
$20  1 GB ram

so for about $160 you can buy a system which is MUCH faster than an
atom. You can use them for thin clients + local apps or diskless
clients. It may consume a little more power but not a lot more.  It's
also upgradeable in terms of ram.

--
Robert Arkiletian